October 29, 2021 BY Rachael Jordan
Categories : UncategorizedTags : Recipe
A delicious warming and nourishing meal for these colder, wetter months.
I like to make a huge batch to last us the week. I keep it quite thick so I can store it in a container in the fridge, then I just add more water to my portion when I’m heating it up.
I roasted the pumpkin for 20mins before adding it, this really enhances the flavour! 🙂
- 1/2 a medium pumpkin roasted
- 1 Bunch of kale roughly chopped
- Handful fresh sage leaves chopped
- 5 Cloves garlic grated
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 3 Celery stalks finely chopped
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2-3 Tbls organic rapeseed oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Over a medium heat sweat the onions
- Add 1tsp sea salt & pepper
- Add the garlic and stir, let it cook for a few mins while stirring
- Add the celery & sage
- Add the kale and stir it in for a few mins
- Add the roasted pumpkin
- Cover with water
- Add the bouillon stock
- Add the lentils (or cook separately and add)
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until lentils are soft
- Blend and add water as needed
- Taste and season with salt & pepper as needed
Rachael Jordan is the founder of Bia Beo.
She is a qualified Nutritional Therapist and Herbalist. Rachael helps people take control of their health by recommending appropriate treatment plans based on nutrition, herbal medicine and lifestyle changes.