Guacamole Omelettes are delicious, packed with nutritious proteins and fats, and make the perfect healthy lunch or brunch.
The main ingredient in guacamole is avocado. And if you don’t know by now, avocados are an excellent source of healthy fats.
In Ireland, avocados are more popular than apples and oranges in the everyday shopping baskets of Irish consumers. It goes to show that people in this country are becoming more conscious of nutritional foods and healthy fats. Avocados and eggs can cause problems in some people. Food intolerances to the yolks of eggs and the sorbitol (a polyol) in avocado are sometimes the cause of intolerances. Generally speaking, the majority of people will find this dish delicious and nutritious.
Go for organic avocado and organic eggs to avoid pesticides and other unsavoury growing practices such as battery chicken farming.
- 1 large red onion
- 4 cloves grated garlic
- 4 Organic free-range Eggs
- Sliced Cherry tomatoes
- Sweet corn
- Mixed leaves (rocket, spinach, watercress)
- 1/2 – 1 level tsp Himalayan rock salt
- 1Tbls Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Grate garlic and leave to one side
- Finely chop onion
- Over a medium heat add some extra virgin olive oil
- Add the chopped onion
- When onions look translucent add the salt
- Add the garlic
- Whisk your eggs and add to the pan
- Throw in the sliced cherry tomatoes and sweet corn
- When the edges look solid place the pan under the grill for a few minutes
- Then add your leaves and put back under for about 30second.
- 1 Avocado
- 2-4 cloves of garlic (depending on how much you love garlic)
- ½ tsp of good quality salt (Himalayan rock salt/sea salt) or Herbemere (Herbs salt from health food shop)
- 1 large tomato
- ¼ – 1/2 red onion
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 lime (juiced)
- dash of pepper & pinch of chili flakes
- Mash the avocado.
- Finely grate the garlic.
- Dice the tomato.
- Dice the onion.
- Mix all ingredients together.